Did you know caring for your toothbrush is vital to oral health? Well, it’s true! By keeping your toothbrush in excellent condition, you are helping your smile fight cavities and bacteria in your mouth. This is why our team here at North Fork Dental Care is happy to give you some simple tips to help you understand how to properly care for your toothbrush, which can help you fight the war on cavities and gum disease. These tips include:
– Always keep your toothbrush clean and stored in an upright position.
– Look for toothbrushes that are ADA-approved with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Try to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary. Children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more often.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and shape, so it can fit into your mouth easily and reach all areas for cleaning efficiently.
– Always be sure to keep your toothbrush in a fresh air environment and avoid keeping it in closed containers.
– Don’t let toothbrushes touch or come into contact with one another, as this can cause cross-contamination.
– Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Toothbrushes with hard bristles can damage your gums.
– Do not use or share toothbrushes from someone else.
A clean toothbrush is imperative for a clean mouth. If you have any questions or concerns or need to book an exam or professional cleaning, contact your dentist at North Fork Dental Care. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. James Thomason, please call us at 208-356-3012, or visit our office in Rexburg, Idaho. We look forward to making your smile even better this holiday season!