Have you been practicing safe and effective oral hygiene habits lately? Does your daily routine include mouthwash and flossing daily as well as brushing your teeth twice daily? If not, there is still more to be done to provide your teeth and gums with that extra layer of protection they need.
All three oral health habits can benefit your needs on a daily basis, and all three should be used accordingly as well. Here are some of the benefits of each:
The Benefits of Brushing:
– Brushing your teeth twice daily can prevent plaque buildup and reduce the risk for gum disease and tooth decay.
– Brushing your teeth can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Some food particles can stick to your teeth or gums and must be removed with effective brushing techniques.
The Benefits of Flossing:
– Flossing can remove hidden food particles in your mouth that can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Flossing once daily can improve your oral health by preventing plaque buildup between your teeth.
– Some food particles can get stuck between your teeth, and cannot be removed by mouthwash and brushing alone.
The Benefits of Mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Mouthwash can wash away harmful bacteria or acids that cause gum disease or tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
Always practice effective daily oral health care habits to ensure your teeth and gums are at their best. For additional protection, such as oral exams and professional cleanings with Dr. James Thomason, stop by North Fork Dental Care at our office in Rexburg, Idaho to book an appointment, or call us at 208-356-3012. Your perfect smile is our highest goal!