Your oral health relies on you taking the right steps to ensure your teeth and gums remain strong. This includes avoiding hazards to your teeth and mouth. In order to keep your mouth healthy, consider the following tips:
– It is possible that your mouth can become severely damaged when used as a bottle or can opener.
– Tobacco use can cause gum disease, cancer and damage to your teeth.
– Your teeth tend to wear down over time, and as a result, they may not hold up against tough or hard food the way they used to.
– Clenching or grinding your teeth will damage them over time, and can lead to problems in your jaws.
– If you wear mouth jewelry, make sure to choose a safe material to use that won’t easily snag or crack your teeth.
– Make sure to wear any safety gear when at work, recreating or playing sports. That includes mouth and face guards.
– Chewing on objects like pen, caps or biting your nails can be a hazard leading to damage, to your tooth enamel and gums.
If you are interested in treatment for an injury to your teeth, we are here to assist you. For a complete diagnosis and treatment, please contact North Fork Dental Care to book an appointment with Dr. James Thomason and our team at our office in Rexburg, Idaho. Call us at 208-356-3012. We look forward to fixing your smile.